Some users of Windows encounter Windows Update error 800B0001 when they are trying to update their Windows OS. Are you one of them? This is a common error but sometimes it can be serious problem. The one who may experience this error is the users of Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
Then, what are the causes of this error? There are two reasons why this error code can come up in your computer screen when you are trying to update your Windows.
- Windows Update needs one file catalog store that is corrupted.
- Windows Update is not able to find correct cryptographic service provider.
Of course, you want to get rid of this error. That’s why you are reading this article, right? There are some ways that can help you to fix this error. Here we go.
Using System Update Readiness Tool
- The very first thing that you have to do to apply this method is that you have to go to the System Update Readiness Tool website from your browser.
- If you are in the webpage of System Update Readiness Tool, you have to click Information for advanced users section and find the windows version as well as your system type on the page.
- If you have found the proper system update readiness tool, click the download link to download the tool.
- After downloading the tool, you have to install it to your system. Execute the windows updating procedure again on your system.
Using Installation Media
You can use this method to fix the update error. You need a windows installation media like DVD or pendrive. Follow the instruction below to execute this method.
- Put it on your computer. Then, a setup will be come up. If it does not come up automatically, you can go to the DVD or pendrive and double click on Setup.EXE.
- Next, click on Install Now.
- Click on Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended).
- You will be asked for windows product key. You must put your windows product key that you got when you purchased.
- In the window of Which kind of installation do you want?, select Upgrade.
- Then, wait until the process of installation is complete.
- If the process of installation is done, Check for new updates and install.
Downloading Update KB2734608
If you are operating windows 8 or server 2012, you can follow the steps below to fix the Windows Update error 800B0001.
- The first thing that you have to do to run this method is that you have to download an additional update KB2734608.
- Then, install this 30 MB size update to your computer.
- After installing it, restart your computer.
- The last, try to update the Windows and you will see that the Windows update error 800B0001 is fixed.
Well, 3 methods are enough. Hopefully, the methods that we have discussed above can work to fix the Windows update error 800B0001 on your computer.