Error 126 is a common error for the users of Windows computer. This kind of error usually comes up when you are trying to install any program. This error is rendered by Windows that is being unable to process properly the suitable settings that are required to load up. There are some causes why this error can happen to your Windows. They are:
- The files that are needed perhaps have been removed by you unintentionally. Files of DLL are located in windows folder in C drive and users do no go through this path regularly so this chance is scarce.
- There is no DLL files in Dynamic Link Directory of your System.
- If you find that the DLL files is not broken or removed from the system, the problem must be with the windows registry. All the files of DLL that is in the system have to be registered with windows but sometimes because of several errors in registry entries, the files are not registered. Because of it, the files of DLL are failed to be loaded when they are required by windows installer.
- The most common reason of this error is corruption of DLL files. DLL files can be corrupted because of a number reasons such as abnormal termination of any process, improper shut down of system, force close tasks, malware or virus attacks, unsuccessful uninstallation and many more.
Here, we have some easy methods that you can try to use to fix Windows error 126.
Set Windows Defender to Run Automatically
- Click Start menu and then search or go to the RUN there directly.
- Type “service.msc” and then click OK.
- Scroll down and locate and then right click on Windows Defender.
- In this stage, you have to choose Properties.
- Under general tab and Startup type drop down box.
- Choose Automatic option.
- And then, click on Apply and then click OK.
- If the process is completed, close the tab.
Turn OFF or Disable Windows Firewall Settings
- Click on the Start menu.
- After that, you have to go to the Control Panel.
- Then, click on the Windows Firewall.
- After clicking on it, now click on Turn Windows Firewall ON or OFF feature there.
- In this stage, you have to tick on Turn off Windows Firewall there.
- At last, click on OK button there.
Update Windows Drivers
- The first step that you have to do is to go to the Start menu.
- Then, go to the Control Panel.
- Scroll down and go to the Windows Update options.
- Here, check for any new available drivers, if any then update it quickly.
- You can set them as Install updates automatically.
- To do that, you have to go to the left side Change settings options. Open it and click on drop down menu.
- Choose Install updates automatically option.
- Now, click on the OK button there.