Now, perhaps you are trying to update your Windows 10 but instead of updating, your PC displays update errors. One of the errors is Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107. It is a recurring problem common for Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade. You have to know that this error is not caused by malware. It happens because of some conflicting security programs or it can happens because your computer does not reach the minimum requirements. Besides, this error can also happen because Windows update components are malfunctioning or because of corrupt update files in folder where Windows store downloaded materials for Windows update. When you see the message that appear when the error happens, there is not much information provided. In the message, it is just a code and some text.
This error comes up when you try to update your computer. It does not prevent update you from downloading but it just stops installing. It comes up in windows update window. Even, this can come up in windows 10 update or upgrade assistant. Some users say that a lot of users of windows 8 or 8.1, 7 faced during upgrading to 10. Also, the users got this errors during roll-backing to Windows 7 or 8 from 10. This error actually can be really annoying if you do not know how to fix it.
So, in order to get rid of this error, you can try to follow the steps that we are going to explain below. Here, we are going to rename or delete $WINDOWS.~BT folder. You do not have to worry whether it is okay if we delete this folder because this folder is just a temporary folder which Windows makes on its own. The steps are:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open File Explorer by clicking Folder icon on the taskbar.
- Then, from the file explorer, open C Drive. You are able to click on This PC and open C:\ as well.
- After that, you have to click on View and then check Hidden items Box.
- Now, you are going to see $WINDOWS.~BT folder if have C:\ open.
- Then, Delete the whole folder. If you are not able to delete this folder, you can Rename it to anything. If you have done, you can go to Windows Update and then try to download and install pending updates.
After following the steps above, you will not see the error again. The download and install process now will run easily. So, if you find the error like this again either it happen to your computer or to your friends’ computer, you can use this method to fix that. The method above usually works. But, if it does not work, you can troubleshoot any possible problems with a reputable software like SpeedyPC Pro.
Well, thank you for reading this article. Hopefully, the method that has been explained above can really help you in fixing Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107.