There are a number of errors that are often experienced by users, 502 is the HTTP status code which means the server on the Internet receives an invalid response from another server. The Gateway code error message to your specific settings really does not hang, which means you can see it in any browser on any operating system and device. Bad Gateway error can be customized on any website. Although very rare, another Web server shows this error differently. You can see some common messages that people receive:
502 Proxy Error
502 Server Error: The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request
502. That’s an error
HTTP Error 502 – Bad Gateway
502 Bad Gateway
502 Service Temporarily Overloaded
Temporary Error (502)
How to fix 502 Bad Gateway error? 502 Bad gateway errors are often a network error between servers on the internet, which means that the problem is not connected to your computer or internet connection.
Since it could be wrong on your end, however, here are some corrections to try:
- Try reloading the URL by clicking F5 or Ctrl-R on the keyboard or by clicking the Refresh / Reload button.
502 Bad gateway error while usually showing a network error outside your control, it can be very temporary. Try again, will often be successful.
- Start a new browser session by closing all open browser windows and then opening a new one. Please try again to open the web page.
There is a possibility that you 502 error messages are caused by problems on your computer that occur during the use of this browser. A simple restart of the browser itself can solve the problem.
- Clear the cache of your browser. Deprecated or corrupted files that are saved by your browser may cause a 502 Bad Gateway issue.
The deletion of files that are cached and try to re-solve the problem if this is the cause.
Delete cookies in your browser. For the same reasons as mentioned above with cache files, cookies might store cleaning the error 502 fix.
- Note: If you prefer not to delete all cookies, you can first remove only the cookies of the site you are trying to remove an error related to 502. We recommend that you remove anything, but it does not hurt that first implemented correctly , to try.
Run your browser in safe mode. The browser runs in safe mode, means the default settings, and no add-ons or extensions are run, including toolbars.
- If the 502 errors are no longer displayed when the browser is running in safe mode, you know that some extensions or browser settings are causing the problem. Set your browser settings to the default values and / or selectively disable browser extensions to find the cause and resolve the problem permanently.
- Note: Safe Mode is similar to the idea of a browser in Windows in Safe Mode, but not the same thing. You do not need to run Windows in safe mode, in particular with any browser running in “Safe Mode”.
Use a different browser. Popular browser is Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari, among others.
- If the alternate browser does not create any errors Badr gateway 502, you now know that the original browser is the cause of the problem. Assuming that you have followed the troubleshooting tips above, it is time to reinstall your browser and see if that fixes the problem.
Download Software Update 1 for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 1 when you install MS Forefront TMG SP1 and receive error messages: 502 proxy errors. Network logon failed (1790) or a similar message when accessing web pages. Thank you for reading this article until the last paragraph, if this article useful you can share to social media Google+, Facebook and others. thanks. – John Sadino –