Error 193 0xc1 can happen when the application manager system of windows flop to discover the exact path of the .exe file of several program to run the service. The users usually find this error when they are repairing or installing the features of On Demand in Microsoft Office site. This error generally occur in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. Besides, the error like this also can happen when you are installing Microsoft.NET Framework or when you are starting services that is related to it on your PC.
Well, you might be curious about the causes of this error. Actually, there are 5 causes that can cause this error as in the following list.
- Wrong registry settings
- Corrupted Ose.exe File
- Corruption in program files
- Problems with Computer Services
- Lack of Free Disk Space
After we know about the causes of this error, now we are going to learn to fix this error based on the each cause.
Wrong registry settings
Microsoft Office deposits installation that is related to configurations in the registry of your system. The error 193 0xc1 perhaps occurs because these registry settings are broken. So, the things that you can do to fix that is to use Registry Cleaner software. You can download and install that in the internet. Then, run it to repair the error.
Corrupted Ose.exe File
If the file ose.exe is not exist in the installation directory or perhaps it is broken, this error can happen. To solve the problem, follow the steps below.
- Insert the disc of Microsoft Office installation.
- Then, access My Computer and open CD/DVD Drive location.
- Open the directory of Files\Setup by doing double click there.
- Choose the file Ose.exe and click Edit and then Copy.
- Click Back and open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine.
- Click Edit and then Paste.
Corruption in program files
- Go to Start menu and then go to Control Panel.
- Click Programs and then Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Microsoft Office from the list and click Uninstall button.
- Choose Repair the installation and then click Next.
- At last, follow the onscreen instructions.
Problems with Computer Services
- Click Start and then type Services.msc. Hit Enter.
- Right click and choose Properties for the services of AudioEndpointBuilder, Multimedia Class Scheduler.
- Note down the Path to Executable.
- Click OK.
- In this stage, click Start and type RegEdit and hit Enter.
- Locate the location of this registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
- Click MMCSS key and double click ImagePath string. Replace the value with the Path to Executable which you noted down.
- Do the same for AudioEndPointBuilder. Click it and double click ImagePath string and replace the value with Path to Executable that you have noted down.
- Close Registry Editor.
Lack of Free Disk Space
You can use System Cleaner app to clean the disk or you can use the Disk CleanUp tool by clicking Start and then choose All Programs. After that, select Accessories, System Tools and then Disk CleanUp. Choose the system drive and hit OK. At last, follow the instructions on the screen.