When you use computer, perhaps you experienced Steamui.dll error. Actually, this error is caused by the situations which will lead to the removal or corruption of the steamui dll files. Just for your information, DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file is a type of file which contains of instructions that other programs can call upon to do certain things.
In several cases, steamui.dll errors can indicate a problem of registry, hardware failure or a virus and malware issue. If it happens, you will see a notification from your computer screen that says “failed to load steamui.dll”.
To fix this problem, there are several steps that you have to follow.
- You canstart Windows in Safe mode to complete all these steps if you cannot access Windows normally because of the steamui.dll error.
- Restore steamui.dll from the Recycle Bin. The possible cause of a missing steamui.dll file is you perhaps mistakenly deleted it. If you see that your recycle bin is empty, you can recover steamui.dll with a file recovery program that is free.
- Delete the steamui.dll or libswscale-3.dll file to force Steam to replace it. You may need to remove a folder named ‘beta’. If these files still present at the root of installation directory of the steam, and have not been removed, try to delete the file of steamui.dll or libswscale-3.dll. And then, open Steam to force it to update the program and substitute the dll file with a fresh one.
- 4. Refresh the Steam filesto fix corrupt files and restore the steamui.dll file back to working order.
- Uninstall and reinstall Steam by using the instructions that are provided in the link. After Steam updates or because of several other issues, sometimes an error about the steamui.dll file will come up and reinstalling is the best decision to do.
- Run a malware or virus scan of your whole system. Several steamui.dll errors that make you see a message that says “failed to load steamui.dll” can be related to an infection of virus or the other malware on your computer which has damaged the dll file.
- Use System Restore to undo the recent system changes. If you think that the error is caused by a change that is made to an important file or configuration, a system restore can solve the problem.
- Update the drivers for hardware devices that may be related to steamui.dll.
- Roll back a driver to a previously installed version if the errors start after updating a specific driver of hardware device.
- Test the memory and test the hard drive, too. If the hardware fails in testing, substitute the memory or substitute the hard drive immediately.
- Use a free registry cleaner to fix steamui.dll that is related issues in the registry. Free registry cleaner program can help by removing steamui.dll registry entries that are invalid that can cause dll error.
- Troubleshoot for a problem of hardware if the errors persist.
So, if you meet the problems that make you fail in loading steamui.dll, you can try these steps to solve the problem.