In the Motorola Surfboard SB6121, you will see that there are several icons that indicate whether the modem work properly or not. Perhaps you are little bit confused because you can not understand the meaning of icons and also the color of light. Here, we are going to explain one by one.
- The power icon. If the power icon shows green light, it means the power is connected properly. But, if it is flashing, it means it is not applicable.
- The receiving icon. If the receiving icon shows green light, it means non-bonded downstream channel is connected. But, if it turns blue, it means there is high-speed internet connection with bonded downstream channels. If this icon is flashing, it means this device is scanning for a downstream (receive) channel connection.
- The sending icon. If this icon shows green light, it means non-bonded upstream channel is connected. But, if it shows blue light, it means there is high speed internet connections with bonded upstream channels. If the light of icon is flashing, it means it is scanning for an upstream (send) channel connection.
- The online icon. If the icon shows green light, it means the process of startup is completed. But, if it is flashing, it means it is scanning for an internet connection.
- The link icon. If the icon shows amber light, it means a device, computer, or hub is connected to the Ethernet (10Base – T) or fast Ethernet (100Base- T) port. If the icon shows blue light, it means there is high speed Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base- T) connection from the SB6121 to your computer. But, if you see that the link icon is flashing/ blinking, it means that it is transmitting or receiving data on Ethernet port.
- The energy conservation switch icon. This is a power of the cable modem and it can turn on and turn off the cable modem.
The explanation about the icon and also the function above can help you to diagnose the problems of connection in your Motorola SB6121 modem. The lights on the panel that is in the front have different messages. It depends on whether they are flashing/ blinking, or steady and green or blue. So, if you see the different color to the icon, or if the connection is not stable and the other wrong things happen to your modem, you can check each of icon and then you can know what problem is going on.
If your Motorola Surfboard modem loses the connection, you can check the cables and restart your modem. This effort is usually the best way to address the problem. If you have tried to do these two steps but your modem is still error, you can contact your ISP so that they are able to restore connectivity in many cases.
So, if since now you find something wrong again with your Motorola Surfboard SB6121, do not be panic and do not call the technician directly. You can check the light in the icon and also check the cable connection by yourself first.