Recently, there are many people who asked us how the method to make a white picture transparent. They said that they want to use images with a transnparent background in many situations. If we look at social media, such as instagram, pinterest and more, there are many people who upload their photo which use a transparent background. Of course it will look so good. Maybe it is one of the reasons why there are many people who want to know the method to make a white picture transparent. By the way, do you now MS Paint? We think that at the most of people know with MS Paint. We can make a white picture transparent in MS Paint. What do you do to make a white picture transparent in MS Paint? Well, at the moment, in this article we will share you the method to make a whit picture transparent in MS Paint. Let’s see and follow its method step by step in the text below.
- At first you have to open Paint and click “File” and then click “Open.” Next you can browse to an image which you want to make transparent. After that you have to double-click it until it opens in the Paint workspace.
- In the next step, you can choose to click the “Magnifying” tool on the top bar on the left side of your screen if your image which you want to make transparent is small. The “Magnifying” tool is also known as “Tools” palette. After that you can zoom in on the area which you want to make transparent. (This is an optional step).
- Afterwards at the top of the screen, you can pull down the “Image” menu and please select “Transparent Selection”. Then uncheck the “Draw Opaque” option. But, if there is no check to the left of the words, so you can leave it.
- In this step, on the Toolbar from the top of the screen, you have to click the “Free-Form Select” tool. This tool looks like a dotted star shape. Then you can draw a line around the area to remove from the image and making that part of the picture transparent. Once a dotted rectangle or square pop up, you have to press the “Delete” key on your keyboard or you can click the left mouse button and select “Cut”. A white space fills the area you that you selected. Remember that Paint cannot render transparency on screen.
- In this step, you have to repeat the selection process to remove other areas of the image and making those sections of the image transparent.
- Then please save the file by clicking “File” and then “Save As.” You can rename the image so that does not merge with the original image. Afterwards please pull down the menu “Save as type” at the bottom of the “Save As” screen and select “GIF”. Finally, this step will allow the image to be transparent.