Some of you perhaps do not know whether there are bed bugs in your home or not. Even, some of you perhaps have never seen the bed bugs so you do not know whether your home is safe from bed bugs or not. Well, you have to identify bed bugs in your home. How to do that? We are going to tell you about that in this article.
To check the existence of bed bugs in your home, you have to look for physical signs of bed bugs. When you are cleaning or changing bedding, you can check the things below.
- Reddish or rusty stains on bed sheets or mattresses that is caused by bed bugs being crushed.
- Dark spots that are bed bugs excrement and may bleed on the fabric like a marker would.
- Eggs and eggshells that are small and pale yellow skins that nymphs shed as they grow bigger.
- Live bed bugs.
If bed bugs are not feeding, they usually hide in a variety of places. If the room is heavily infested, you can find bed bugs in the drawer joints, in the seams of chairs and couches, between cushions, in the folds of curtains, in electrical receptacles and appliances, under loose wall paper and wall hangings, at the junction where the wall and the ceiling meet, and in the head of a screw.
We have known the symptoms of bed bugs. But then the question is how to check for bedbugs? Before you check, if you are checking in a hotel room, you have to make sure that you place your luggage and the other belongings in a clean bathtub or on a rolling luggage shelf which is off the floor and away from walls and furniture. Then, you have to wear medical gloves. After that, get several tools such as a flashlight with a strong beam and an old credit card. After you are ready with your tools, now you can check the existence of bed bugs by using those tools.
- First, you can start by examining the bed linen. Remove all the bedding down to the bottom sheet.
- After that, use your flashlight over the sheet looking for excrement or bloodstains. In case the linen has just been changed, you perhaps will not find anything.
- Now, continue to the mattress. Take down the bottom sheet and examine the mattress. Use flashlight to look for excrement and bloodstains on the top surface of the mattress. Search for shed bedbugs skins and eggs.
- Use the credit card to run along the mattress seam, holding it open to look with your flashlight. By using the credit card, look at all buttons, straps and tags.
- Flip the mattress if you can and then check the other side.
- Check also the other furniture by using the flashlight and the credit card.
Well, that’s all the ways to identify bed bugs in your home. Hopefully, this article can be beneficial. If you find bed bugs in your home, you can clean it soon or call professional to clean them.