Error code 0x800706b5 can come up if you have pending updates which have been downloaded and are ready to install. Besides, it can also come up due to corrupted windows files. And this error is common for the users of Windows 8 and Windows 10. The most users meet this error when they try to restart the computer while it has several updates which have not been installed.
Well, if you are one of the users of Windows 8 or Windows 10 and then you meet this kind of error, you do not need to worry because you can fix this error by yourself. Here, we provide some methods that you can try to apply on your computer. So, check it out!
Restart Windows Update Services
- First, you have to click Win key + R which then type services.msc before hitting Enter.
- In this stage, you have to find Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service and Cryptographic services.
- Then, double click on each of them and choose Stop from the drop down menu.
- Go to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\location and delete everything which is located in this folder.
- If you have done that, now you can click Win key + R and then type services.msc before pressing Enter.
- Now, locate Windows Update service, Background Intelligent Transfer service and Cryptographic services.
- Double click on each of them and then choose Start from the drop down menu.
- At last, close everything and then restart the system. Try to run Windows Updates.
Install Pending Updates
Well, if you have installed any updates but they have not installed then this error can come up. Several updates require you to restart your computer to complete Installation Process. To do that, you can go first to the shutdown menu. To access the menu, you can go to the Windows icon and then right click. Choose the option to update your computer during a restart. It will restart your computer and it will install any pending updates that have been downloaded.
Reset Windows Update Components
- The first step that you have to do, go to the official website of Microsoft and look for the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Then, you can download either of the two versions. One is for Windows 10 and then another one version applies to Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8 as well.
- Now, run the tool and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- If the diagnostics tool has done the process, this error will be solved.
Troubleshoot Windows Update
- The first thing that you have to do is to hit the Windows Key and then search for troubleshooting.
- After that, click on Troubleshooting and choose the option view all which is located in the left pane.
- Select Windows Update and choose the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Then, a new window will open. Now, follow the on-screen directions and the troubleshooter will fix any issues with Windows Update.
Well, you can try those methods when you are facing the error code 0x800706b5 on your computer. If you have tried the first method but it does not work, you can go to the second method and so on.