One of the Windows Update errors is error code 0x8024402C. Have you experienced that? It mostly happens when Windows can not search for new updates. This error indicates that your computer cannot determine the correct internet connection settings that it is able to use to connect to Windows Update Server. When you face this error, it is possible for your computer to shut down only to present you with the dreaded blue screen of death.
There are some reasons why error code 0x8024402C can happen in your computer.
- There are pending updates.
- There are junk files with active threats.
- There are system files which are damaged or corrupt.
- There are incorrect firewall settings which prevent installation of necessary updates.
- There are incorrect time settings on your computer.
- There are proxy server issues.
There are several methods that you can try to apply on your computer to get rid of this error.
Fix Firewall Settings
- The first step that you have to do is to open a command prompt.
- After that, type Firewall.cpl and then click Enter.
- Choose Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- Now, you have to open Private Settings option and then select Turn off Windows firewall. You have to repeat this step for Public Network Setting.
- At last, click OK. Now, you can try to check Windows updates.
Fix Issues with Proxy
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Internet Explorer.
- Then, click on the Gear Icon that is located at the right top of the window.
- In this stage, select Internet Options and open Connections Tab.
- Go to LAN settings and then check the box near Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Now, you have to open Advanced tab.
- Delete everything in Do not use a proxy server for addresses beginning with field.
- The last, click OK.
- After that, you have to clear proxy cache by following the steps below.
- First, open the command prompt by typingcmdin windows search bar and select it from the results list.
- When you are in command prompt, you have to enter the commands below and then hit Enter after typing each of them.
netsh winhttp reset proxy
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
Enable Automatic Detect Settings
- First, open Internet Explorer.
- After you open Internet Explorer, open the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Now, go to Connections tab and then select LAN settings.
- Check the box Automatically detect settings in the Local Area Network (LAN) settings window.
- At last, click OK.
Remove Junk Files
- First, you have to run command prompt as administrator.
- Then, type cleanmgr and then click Enter.
- Wait until tool scans the system. If it delivers the results, click OK to delete all junk files.
Okay, that’s all the methods that we can share to you for fixing Windows Update Error 0x8024402C on 7/8/10. The methods are very easy and you can try to apply on your computer by yourself.