There are many problems that Microsoft Windows 10 came out with, and with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is and has replaced Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has not been successful like Google Chrome and Firefox. Microsoft in the Windows version, they made some Windows features that depend on Internet Explorer, which means that they serve not only the purpose of the “web browser” but another Windows-based functionality as well. For example: the proxy settings in Internet Explorer will affect other applications at the same time require Internet.
This blog advise you immediately to avoid Google Chrome to avoid such problems once and for all. But, as I would like many users to understand yet go with IE and things tend to stay the same. If so, this guide will give you a solution of “Internet Explorer no longer works”, and I encourage you to memorize this page or print it so that this happens again in the future, which inevitably will happen.
Internet Explorer no longer works
- Keep CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time to win the Task Manager. OR Hold down the Windows key and press R, then type taskmgr on OK.
- Go through the list of processes under the Processes tab, and locate the iexplore.exe – if it’s right-click on it and select End Task.internet explorer does not work anymore
- Then hold down the Windows key and press R again, and type inetcpl.cpl and click OK.2016-02-02_162120
- Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset. Set a checkmark on the Personal Settings to Clear and Reset Hit. Click Apply / OK to close the Internet Properties.2016-02-02_162239 dialog box
- Try now to see if Internet Explorer is open, otherwise, hold down the Windows key and press R again, and type inetcpl.cpl and click OK. Go to the Advanced tab and enable GPU rendering in the Use Software instead.
- Click Apply / OK, and this should fix Internet Explorer issues. Reset in Internet Explorer, open the bookmarks that you lost, using Internet Explorer to restore, hold down CTRL + SHIFT + B keys at the same time.
Now try to find errors with the Red Cross that caused them through .dll and iexplorer.exe. This error is generated and recorded when Internet Explorer stops working. It must be a time stamp to find, search and search to find the exact mistakes based on time. If you find errors, DLL name will also be mentioned in the log. Watch and remember the filenames. You can repair or delete these files. (Start your computer in safe mode to remove the DLL file).
Reset the security zone
You can check the security zone and mis-match errors also cause Internet Explorer to work longer. You can edit your Internet Explorer security zone by clicking Settings in Internet Options. Click the Security tab, and then click Reset All Defaults to Reset Defaults. Thank you for reading this article until the last paragraph, if this article useful you can share to social media Google+, Facebook and others. thanks. – John Sadino –