Error 8024402F is one of Windows update errors. Generally, people meet this error when they try to install or even run Windows updates manually. There are some causes that can make this error happen. They are:
- The internet connection is unstable or unreliable.
- The proxy settings are incorrect.
- The existence of installed antivirus or malware program.
- There is lack of communication between the computer and Windows Update Center.
Well, if you are encountering this error now, you do not have to worry because you can try to solve this problem by some methods that we are going to explain below.
Manual Update Installation
- To do manual update installation, you have to open the Run box by pressing the combination of Win and R keys.
- After that, type windowsupdate.log in the box before you click OK. You have to be presented with a notepad file that shows the date in the first column. Go to the bottom of the file to check the latest entries. You have to be able to find a date and an update which is failed to install. Note the failed update or updates, close everything and then search for the folder in which the update or updates was downloaded to.
- Now, click Start.
- After that, type cmd in the Run box and then click OK to open a command prompt.
- In this stage, you have to type “dism/online/add-package/packagepath:C\update\myupdate.cab. The part “C:\update\myupdate.cab” must reflect name of the folder that you noted earlier where the update was downloaded to.
- Now, hit Enter for the update to be installed.
Check Windows Update Service
- To check Windows update service, you can press the combination of Win and R keys.
- After that, you can type services.msc.
- In this step, you have to locate the following services and make sure that they are running: Windows Update Services, MSI Installer, BITS, and Cryptographic.
- Now, right click on any services which are stopped and then click to start them.
- At last, restart the computer and then try the installation again to check whether the error is solved or not.
Check Time Settings
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Control Panel on your computer.
- Then, choose the Clock, Language, and Region option.
- After choosing them, now you have to choose Date and Time to open another window.
- Next, click on Change Time Zone and then set the correct time zone.
- In the end, click OK and then restart your computer before installing the update to check whether the error is gone or not.
Well, that’s all the methods of fixing error code 8024402F. You can apply those methods starting from the first method if you are facing that error now. If the first method is not successful, you can try the next method. Thank you for reading this article and do not forget to read the other articles in this site.