There are some errors that you can face on your computer that relate to Windows Update. One of the errors is Windows update error 80072f8f. This error can prevent your computer from checking for available updates automatically.
The causes of error code 80072f8f are:
- Pending updates which have not been installed.
- A corrupt or damaged update which is installed and particularly if update KB 2919355 is damaged.
- Firewall and the installed third- party security programs.
- Incorrect time settings on your computer.
- Corrupt registry files and particularly DLL files responsible for updating your computer.
- Corrupt system files.
- Junk files with current threats.
Then, how to fix error code 80072f8f on Windows PC? Well, here we have several methods that you can try to fix this error.
Remove Junk Files
- The first thing that you must do is to press the combination of Win + X keys open up menu.
- Choose Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- In this stage, click Yes to run the command prompt as an administrator.
- After that, type cleanmgr and then hit Enter.
- The tool will start to run automatically. It calculates how much used space you can claim on the hard disk. Check all the dialogue boxes occupied by unnecessary files that includes the temporary files box.
- At last, click OK to let the tool remove all junk files. You can access Windows Update website to check if the error is resolved or not.
Check to Configure Time Settings
- First, press the combination of Win + R keys to open dialogue box.
- Then, type Control Panel in the dialogue box before pressing Enter.
- In this stage, you have to open Date and Time.
- Press on Change date and time and make corrections if it is important.
- Configure your time zone before you hit OK.
- Press on Internet Time tab before you choose Change Settings.
- After that, check Synchronize with an Internet time server before selecting the Time Server from the list that is presented.
- Now, you have to press Update Now.
- The last, press OK twice to complete the configuration and then close all the windows that are opened.
- First, you have to make sure that your computer is in good condition before you try to resolve the error.
- If you are sure that the computer is in good condition, you can run a full scan of your computer with the installed third party security program.
- Now, disable both the Firewall and the third party security software.
- Access Windows Update website to check if the error is solved or not.
Install Pending Updates
- First, click Start.
- After that, in the search box, type Update and then press Enter.
- Look for any uninstalled updates on the resultant Windows Update dialogue box that comes up. Right click on each and update the same.
- Then, restart your computer before you access Windows Update and try to install updates.
Well, what do you think? It is easy to fix error code 80072f8f, isn’t it? You can try to apply those methods when you are encountering this error. Good luck!