Updating Windows Operating System is good so that your computer will be in a good condition. But, there are a lot of cases when you face problem while updating the Windows Operating System or several kind of error code. Perhaps you have faced error code 8007000E when you update the Windows Operating System or even search for the updates.
You may be curious why this error code can come up. Here the reasons of this error can happen.
- There are any issues in the internet connectivity.
- There is infection of virus or malware which blocks the installation of updates.
- There are corrupt software distribution folder.
- There are corrupt system files.
- There are accumulated junk files with live threats.
- There is installed anti virus or malware program and Firewall which blocks installation of updates.
You can try the methods below one by one to fix error code 8007000E.
Run System File Checker
If your computer is infected by virus or malware, it can damage or corrupt the system files. You can run the built-in system file checker tool to repair damaged or corrupted files by following the steps below.
- First, click Start.
- Second, in the Search programs and files box, type cmd.
- In this stage, you have to press the combination of CTRL + Shift + Enter and then click OK to open a command prompt.
- After that, type sfc/scannow in the prompt and then hit Enter.
- Now, type Y in response to the resultant notification. The process will take several time until it finishes.
Remove Junk Files
Junk files that are accumulated with active threats can cause a lot of errors that includes error 8007000E. So, you have to get rid of the junk files by following the steps below.
- First, you have to press the combination of Win + X keys to open the menu.
- Second, choose Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Now, click Yes to run the command prompt as an administrator.
- After that, type cleanmgr before you hit Enter.
- Now, the tool will start to operate automatically. It counts how much used space that you can claim on the hard disk. Check all the dialogue boxes that are occupied by unimportant files that includes the temporary files box.
- At last, click OK so that the tool will remove all junk files.
Check and Automate Windows Update Service if Stopped
- First, you have to open Cortana and then run it as administrator.
- Now, you have to look for Services.
- In this stage, enter password when prompted and then click Continue.
- After that, search for Windows Update Service in the resultant Services window.
- Double click or right click on the service and then change the setting from either disabled or manual to automatic before clicking Start if it is stopped.
Okay, thank you for reading this article and visiting this website. Full of hope that you can fix the error code 8007000E by using the methods above. Don’t forget to read the other articles and have a nice day.