Have you encountered an error 0xc0000428? This error message will say, “Recovery. Your PC needs to be repaired. The digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified. Error code: 0xc0000428. You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media…”
There are some reasons why this error happen
- The existing installation disk was disconnected before installing Windows.
- BOOTMGR is outdated after a service pack update.
- An older boot disk is used with a latest version of Windows.
- BOOTMGR is outdated after system update.
There are some solutions that you can apply to fix this error.
- First, plug in the USB that contains a Windows 10 installation media and then hit Power button.
- After that, press any key to start the system from USB.
- In case Windows fails to detect hard drive automatically, then read everything which is given during the restart process and try to find the reference to the key that has to be pressed to interrupt normal startup which is usually F2, F10, Esc, or Del.
- Now, use the arrow to the option like Boot, Boot options, Boot Order or something similar and then hit Enter.
- In this stage, you have to locate CD, USB flash drive or DVD under the Boot list and change the place from down below to the top by using the arrow keys. If it has been done, press Enter.
- To save the changes, press F10 key.
- Click Yes on the confirmation window and let the system to reboot.
- Now, set the language, currency, time, keyboard and the other settings that are required and hit Next.
- Choose Repair your computer and wait for the System Recovery Options to open.
- If it opens, choose the Windows installation drive and press Next.
- The last, click Startup Repair option and then wait for the process to complete.
Rebuild Boot Manager
You can navigate to the official website of Microsoft and download the ISO file. Prepare a USB drive that contains at least 4 GB space and then create a bootable Windows 10 installation media. For this goal, you may use a recovery drive as well. Follow the steps below.
- Firstly, plug in a bootable USB drive and boot the PC.
- Secondly, press any key to boot from USB.
- Now, set your language preferences and then click Next.
- Choose Repair your computer and then Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced and choose Command Prompt.
- To continue, choose your account and then type the commands below in the Command Prompt window and press Enter after each of them:
attrib bcd -s -h -r
Okay, that’s all the discussion about how to fix error code 0xc0000428 ‘Your PC needs to be Repaired Fixed’. Hopefully, it can really help you in getting rid of this error. Thank you for reading this article.