Error code 0xc00000e9 is a specific Windows error which points to the hard disk. Usually, you find this error when you are trying to install any version of Windows OS or long after the OS has been installed and in this case it will happen when you start your computer. You may be curious about the causes of error code 0xc00000e9. Here are the reasons behind it.
- The drivers of your computer is outdated.
- The hard disk is damaged or faulty.
- The registry files are misconfigured or corrupt.
- Loosely connected hard disk.
- DVD or USB which you use as your installation device is faulty.
- Windows updates.
You can try to apply these methods to fix the error code 0xc00000e9.
Run Disk Check
Before doing this, you have to know that it can loose your documents when running the disk check tool. So, it is better for you to backup your documents before applying this tool.
- The first step that you have to do is to insert the OS’s installation disk in the suitable drive.
- After that, restart your computer to boot from the installation disk.
- Now, select your preferred language.
- Click to repair the computer.
- Choose an operating system that you want to fix if you have more than one OS installed on the hard disk.
- Then, under System Recovery Options menu, click to open command prompt.
- In the prompt, type in chkdsk/f and then press Enter. Now, the tool will start to scan your computer and it will take some time. If the process is done, you can restart your computer to see if this method can resolve the error or not.
Change Bios Settings
- To do this, you need to start or restart your computer.
- Now, press F2, Del or F10 Key to go to Bios Settings.
- After you are in Bios settings, choose Load Optimal Defaults.
- Then, navigate to the hard disk setting configuration of your computer that is under Advanced section. In this stage, you have to configure the setting to either AHCI or IDE.
- After that, save the settings before rebooting your computer to check if this method can solve this error or not.
You can restore your computer to earlier date if the above methods do not works. But you have to note that this method will only work if your computer gives you some time before the error comes up.
- First, you have to navigate to View Advanced Options.
- Then, click on System Restore.
- After that, pick a past date when the computer worked without any issues.
- Now, click on the date. The system restore will start to run automatically.
Okay, that’s all 3 methods that you can try to apply when you are facing error code 0xc00000e9 in your computer. Hopefully, the methods that have been explained above can really help you to fix the error code 0xc00000e9. Thank you for reading and do not forget to share this to your friends.