Error code 0xc000000f is an error that you can face in Windows. This error seldom happen but it does not mean that your computer is secure. This error relates to the Windows Boot Manager. The most possible time of facing this error is when you start your computer. There are some reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
- File system integrity compromised. The file system can be damaged or corrupt. It occurs even more often if you turns off a computer when it is in the middle of writing crucial data to the boot sector.
- BCD is missing or corrupt. This can occur due to disk write errors, boot sector viruses, power outages, or errors created while configuring the BCD manually.
- HDD data cable is faulty. Similar to all components of computer, hard drive data cables tend to deteriorate as the time passes. In case the similar cable is used for some years, it can be the cause of periodic read/ write errors which can influence the process of loading.
To fix this kind of error, you can apply some methods that we will explain below. You have to know that the solution that works for you will be depend on the specific cause of the error in your computer. So, you have to try each of the methods below.
Method 1: Start Your Computer using Bootrec exe Utility
- First, you have to restart your computer.
- Now, insert the Windows DVD or USB Installation disk in the appropriate drive.
- Reboot the computer again and then hit any key when prompted to do so.
- Choose the correct time, date, currency, language and keyboard before hitting Next.
- After that, choose the operating system to be repaired.
- In the System Recovery Options, click Command Prompt.
- Now, type bootrec.exe in the prompt before you press Enter.
Method 2: Disable Peripheral Hardware
- First, you must remove all hardware that are attached to your computer except the keyboard and mouse.
- Then, remove any CD, USB and DVD from their respective ports.
- Now, restart your computer to check whether the computer starts normally or not. You will need to identify the damaged hardware if your computer begins smoothly.
Method 3: Rebuild the BCD Manually
- First, you need to boot from the Windows install disc.
- Now, click on Repair your computer after you choose proper time, language, and keyboard input.
- Choose the Windows installation drive that is usually C: \ and then click Next.
- Choose Command Prompt when the System Recovery Options box comes up.
- Write this command: bootrec / rebuildbcd and then press Enter.
- In case the program finds a Windows installation and asks if it must add it to the boot list, you just have to hit Y.
Well, that’s all the three methods of fixing error code 0xc000000f. When you find this error in your computer, try to apply the methods above. If the first method does not work, you can try the second method and so on. Good luck.