Several users of Windows have reported that they encountered the error code 0x80071AC3. This kind of error will arise usually when you are trying to connect an external hardware on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Besides, this error will also happen when there is a problem with the system particularly when you try to connect an external file storage system such as a USB stick or a hard disk. ReadyBoost feature can also lead to a conflicting issue in the system.
Well, if you are one of the Windows users that are finding this error in your computer, you come to right place. Here, we are going to give you some solutions to fix this error.
Disable ReadyBoost Disk Caching Feature
- To disable ReadyBoost you have to first open My Computer.
- Then, right click on the External USB flash drive and choose Properties.
- Click on the ReadyBoost tab and then select the option Do not use this device and accept the changes.
Use Check Disk
- First, you have to access My Computer and then right click on Local Disk C or on the disk drive which is causing the error.
- Now, right click and choose Properties.
- Next, choose the tools and then click on Check.
- Click on the option to scan your drive on the next window.
Permit For Writing to The Drive from the Registry
- First of all, you have to open the run window by hitting Windows key and R.
- Secondly, type RegEdit and then click on OK.
- Here, a new window will open. So, you have to locate the subkey: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies” click twice on the option named WriteProtect.
- Then, it will open a new window with the String Value dialog. If the present value is 1, writing to the drive has been disabled. In this case, the value must be replaced with 0.
Reinstall The External Drive Drivers
- To reinstall the external drive drivers, you have to press the Windows key and also X and then select the Device Manager.
- Next, expand the top part of the new window which opens. Then, right click on the External hard disk or USB flash disk and select the uninstall option.
- In this stage, you have to remove the hardware from your computer.
- Now, restart your computer and open the Device Manager.
- Right click on the top part and then choose Scan for hardware changes. at last, connect the external drives.
Format The External Drive
- To format the external drive, you have to open the windows explorer window by hitting Windows key and E on the left panel and then go to My Computer.
- Right on the external hardware and choose format.
- Choose the Restore device defaults button and click Start.
- A new window will open to confirm the process. At last, click Yes.
For now, if you face the error code 0x80071AC3 again, do not worry because you can apply the methods above to fix the error. Happy trying!