You perhaps have experienced an error code 0x80071a90 in your computer while you are trying to upgrade your Windows. This error comes up when you are trying to install .net framework in Windows 10 or when trying to add the Hyper-V feature in Windows 8 and 10. Well, we have some methods that you can try to apply to fix the error like this.
Checking System Files to Fix Error Code 0x80071a90
- The first thing that you can do is to right click on the Windows icon and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then, the window of Command Prompt will open. After it opens, type sfc/ scannow and then hit Enter.
- The code will scan the protected system files, and any corrupted files will be replaced with a cached copy which is located at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache in a compressed folder. If the process is complete, it will show you a message that says this process is successful which means the error is solved. But for several cases, you get a message which say that the tool can not fix the corrupted files. If it happens, you can go to the directory of the corrupted files and replace the file manually with the right copy. If then you find a message that the tool can not perform the action that you request, you can try to operate the tool again but in safe mode. You have to check that the Pending Renames and Pending Deletes folder is located in the %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp directory.
Perhaps you are using the Avast antivirus program now. And you find this error when you are trying to install the Hyper- V feature. So, you can turn off your antivirus and shut down any software that might be using the virtual machine. Your antivirus can be disabled by running it and selecting the Disable Option. You have to note that when you are disabling it,you must refer to the manufacturer website on specific ways.
Fixing this error while it is in safe mode can be your choice as well. First, you have to restart your PC. Hit F8 key when it is booting up. The key is different with every Motherboard manufacturer. Now, choose safe mode and boot up. Several third party software can influence your PC. All the third party software will be disabled by the safe mode. In case the issue does not happen in safe mode, you can try to disable your security software and close any third party software or background apps which are now operating when you boot into normal mode again.
Using the Troubleshooter
- Firstly, press the Windows key + X and then choose the Control Panel.
- Now, type in Troubleshooting on the search bar and then hit Enter.
- Click on system and security on the option to troubleshoot computer problems.
- After that, click on Windows Update which is located under Windows.
- Click on advance and choose run as administrator.
- Hit Next while following the onscreen guide to troubleshooting the issue.
Well, 4 methods are enough. Hopefully, the methods above can really help you to fix error code 0x80071a90 that you are facing. Thank you for reading this article and do not forget to share to others if the methods above really works. Have a nice day and good luck.