Error 0x8007045d can happen when you are trying to transfer files from one storage medium to another, burning disc or opening a storage device. If this error happens, it means Windows is trying to use a transfer mode which is not available or compatible to or from a storage device.
The symptoms of this error is blank screen, regular stalling of the computer, freezing the screen and in several cases the dreaded blue screen of death. The error message will be like “Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007045d.” There are some factors that cause this error. They are:
- Infection of virus or malware.
- Memory modules that are damaged.
- Bad sectors on the hard disk.
- Damaged installation media, it can be USB stick or DVD.
- The registry files which are corrupt.
Well, we have some easy methods that you can try to apply when you are facing this error. Here they are.
Repair Hard Disk
- To repair hard disk, you can press the combination of Win and X keys first to open menu.
- Next, choose Command Prompt (admin) option.
- Then, choose Yes to run command prompt as an administrator.
- In this step, you have to type chkdsk.
- Leave an empty space after the chkdsk and then type in the drive letter (C) which you need to be scanned and repaired.
- Now, running disk check only serves to identify and present to you damaged files if there is any. You have to specify parameters before the utility is able to perform necessary repairs.
- Type the following into the prompt as soon as possible after the drive letter /f/r/x.
- Hit Enter to operate the scan and wait until it completes. Then, you can restart your computer to backup programs installation to check if the error is gone or not.
Compress The Hard Disk
- To compress the hard disk, the first step that you have to do is to click Start and then select Control Panel.
- After selecting Control Panel, now you have to click System and Security in the Control Panel.
- Then, click Create and format hard drive partitions on the open system and security screen.
- Right click the drive that you have to compress on the Disk Management screen which comes up.
- In the end, click Shrink Volume.
Start The Computer in Safe Mode
- First, click Start.
- Then, choose Search programs and files.
- In the open box, type msconfig and then press Enter.
- Click Boot tab on the resultant System Configuration applet.
- Now, go to Safe Mode and check Minimal.
- Next, click OK to open a pop-up box.
- The last, click on Restart to reboot your computer. Try to back up files or reinstalling the OS to check if the error still comes up or not.
You can try the first method but if it does not work, you can go to the next method to fix error code 0x8007045d. The steps are easy to follow so you can repair this error by yourself. Good luck!