Error code 0x8007042C is an error code that you can meet when you are trying to check for Windows updates. It also can come up when you are trying to open Windows Firewall Settings. Besides, when you are trying to upgrade to Windows 10, you can meet this error as well. This kind of error is common for the users of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 as well.
For sure, this error is very annoying. For your information, this error can come up due to the third party antivirus, disabled Windows Firewall service or enabled EventLog service. But, you do not have to worry because you are able to fix this error manually by yourself.
Enable Windows Firewall
As explained above that this error code can be caused by Windows Firewall service that is disabled. So you have to enable it by following the steps below carefully.
- To enable Windows Firewall, you have to press Windows key and then type services.msc which then press Enter.
- Next, you have to find Windows Firewall service and then right click it.
- Now, choose Properties and open Start-up type.
- In this step, you have to set it to Automatic.
- Look for Services status and then choose Start.
- In the end, click OK and close all tabs.
Disable Windows EventLog Service
- The first thing that you have to do is to press Windows key and then type services.msc and do not forget to hit Enter.
- Now, search for the services below:
windows EventLog : running
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) : running
Windows Update : running
- All of those services must be enabled and running. Based on the reports of people that EventLog service is usually disabled for the reasons that are unknown. So, you have to enable it by right clicking on it and then choose Start.
- You can uninstall any third party antivirus that you have on your computer.
- Click on the Windows key on Windows 7 and then search for updates.
- Now, open the updates window and check for updates.
- In this stage, you have to install all the updates on your computer that includes any optional updates.
- If the installation is done, you can restart your computer.
- The first, you can download Microsoft Security Scanner from the official website of Microsoft.
- Then, install the software. The software will be located on your desktop as a shortcut that is named msert.
- Now, accept the agreements of license. Click next on the option for a quick scan. The software will scan and remove malware on your computer. Then, you can try to turn firewall on. Click Start menu and type firewall. Open the windows firewall program and then turn it on.
Okay, now you have known how to fix error code 0x8007042C. If then you face this kind of error, you can try to apply the methods above to fix that. Good luck.