Error code 0x80070020 is an error that can be encountered by the users of Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10. This error usually happens when the users try to upgrade their Windows. They try to download updates from Windows Update Website but instead of being successful, the error comes up. This error also can be seen when the users try to update Windows 10 and it has been installed in your computer but then you find this error code.
There are several causes of why error code 0x80070020 can happen. Here they are.
- The updates are uninstalled or pending.
- The system memory is low.
- There is infection of virus or malware.
- The sectors on the hard disk are bad.
- There is antivirus or malware program that is installed and it prevents installation of updates.
Well, you as one of the users of Windows who face this error want to get rid of this error, right? Here we have some methods that you can do by yourself to fix this error.
Run Antivirus or Malware Program
As mentioned above that this error can happen because of virus or malware infection. So, you can try to run the antivirus or malware program to address any virus or malware. Then, restart your computer and see whether the error still there or not.
Check to Install Pending Updates
You can try to fix this error by checking install pending updates because as we know from the causes of this error that have been mentioned above that downloaded updates that are not installed can prevent installation of the other updates. Check it by following these steps.
- First, open Setting app.
- Second, go to Updates & Security.
- Now, click Check for updates.
- Then, permit any pending updates to be installed.
- At last, restart your computer and then continue working to check whether the error is still there or not.
Temporarily Disable The Antivirus on Your Computer.
An antivirus program also can be the factor of why this error happen. So, disabling if for a while before you upgrade the system can be the solution. To do that, you can follow the steps below.
- Search an icon of your antivirus in the notifications area that is located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Then, right click on the icon of the antivirus and then choose Disable for a certain period of time.
Operate Windows Update Troubleshooter
To do that, you can follow the steps below.
- First, you have to open the Windows menu by hitting the Windows key + X.
- After that, go to Control Panel.
- In this stage, you have to modify the display of files by selecting large or small icons in the view by option that is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- If you have changed the display of the file, you have to choose troubleshooting.
- Now, launch and operate the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Then, reboot your computer and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Okay guys, hopefully the four methods above can help you to get rid of error code 0x80070020 that you facing now. Thanks for reading and good luck.