Error code 0x8007001f comes up when the users try to install the Anniversary Update. This error indicates either a problem with a link between two drivers or in several cases a problem with the audio driver. The audio driver issue can only be solved by a clean install because it is not a problem with Windows. The other issues happen when you have multiple drivers or storage devices on the system and you have connected both with a soft symbolic link.
To fix this error, you can clean boot windows. To do this, you can follow the steps below carefully.
- First, you have to disable or completely uninstall all the software of antivirus. They perhaps interfere with the files being moved and cause failure of the installation.
- Next, press simultaneously the Windows and R key on your keyboard and then type in devmgmt.msc. After that, either click OK or press Enter. In the Device Manager which opens, scroll down to the bottom where you will find Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Expand it and then right click then disable every unimportant USB device like a card reader or similar. Then, close the Device Manager.
- In this stage, you have to hit Alt + Ctrl + Delete simultaneously or right click on the taskbar and then open Task Manager. After that, you have to navigate to the Startup tab and then click on each item then on Disable in the lower right corner until all items are disabled.
- After that, press Windows and R again, and type in msconfig and press Enter again.
- Go to the Services and you have to make sure that Hide all Microsoft services is checked and only then you can choose Disable All. Now, you can click Apply and click OK to close the window.
- Reboot your computer and you have a clean boot environment.
- In case you have any unimportant USB devices which are plugged in like CD or DVD drivers or even external media such as a USB flash drive, an external hard drive or game controllers, you have to unplug them all.
- In case you are using an ISO to upgrade, either from a storage device like a DVD or USB, disable your Internet connection by either unplugging the Ethernet cable or you can switch off your Wi-fi. To switch off your Wi-Fi, you can click on Notifications icon on your taskbar and then click the Wi-Fi icon on the bottom to disable it.
- In case you are upgrading via Windows Update, you have to make sure the downloading progress gets to 100% and then you are able to disconnect your internet.
- Well, by following the steps above, you are able to install Anniversary Update.
Well, that’s all the method of fixing error code 0x8007001f that you can try to apply on your computer when you encounter this kind of error. Thank you for reading this article. Hopefully, it can be beneficial for you.