At the time we will share you how to fix the error code 0x80070005. By the way do you ever experience thatdllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80070005? If you ever experience that problem you do not be panic because there are the methods to fix the error code 0x80070005. Actually error code 0x80070005 is also known as “ACCESS DENIED” error. When there is missing file or registry permissions that are required to install the update, it usually occurs error.
Windows error code 0x80070005 not only occurs to the Windows 7, but also can occur in Windows 8 and even Windows Vista. There are the reasons why can occur the error code 0x80070005, it is can be cause by Malware or virus infections, Firewall software, Settings to Windows Update not being configured correctly and Issues with Administrative rights.
If you are the user of Windows 7, there are the methods to fix Windows update error 0x80070005. The first method is Switch to Administrator Account. You can try to restart your computer and log in as an administrator. If you do not want to restart your computer, so please follow the steps below.
- Please follow the path “Start” then control panel (view by category) and select “User Accounts and Family Safety”.
- After that please click “User Account”.
- Then click “Change your account type”. Do not forget to enter your password.
- Please click Start button and choose to “Log offof Windows”. Then log back in again.
- If the operations are available, now you have access as administrator.
- Try to install your Windows Update.
The text below is the second method to fix the error code 0x80070005. In this method you can use SubInACL Tool.Please follow the steps below:
- Please download SubInACL Tool. Then install SubInACL Tool to the default path as instructed by the installer.
- Please open Notepad, copy and paste the text on it.
- After that visit “File” option on the left corner. Then choose “Save As”.
- The next step is save the file name as “Reset.cmd”and click “Save”.
- Then right click the “Reset.cmd” file and choose “Run as administrator”.
- Please wait a few minutes until the execution finished.
- The last try to install the update again.
Besides two methods above, you can try to do the last method to fix the error code 0x80070005. The first step, if you have installed antivirus software correctly, then makes sure that the antivirus database has up to date. Afterwards please run the scan. See whether there is any virus or malware which detected from your system. In other case, if you have not installed any antivirus software, we suggest you to download and install antivirus software. You can download Microsoft Safety Scanner which is free and can be used to scan your system for computer virus and malware. The last we hope the explanation about the methods to fix the error code 0x80070005 can useful for you.