You perhaps meet a moment where you find an error code 0xc000014c when you start your computer. If you find this error, it means that the operating system is unable to access critical files necessary for smooth startup. This error can occur because of several reasons as mentioned below.
- There are bad sectors on the hard disk due to power outages and incorrect shutdown of the computer.
- There is a hardware that is recently installed.
- There are corrupt system files that are caused by the infection of malware or virus, incomplete uninstallation of several files or deletion of some dependent software or application.
- The boot configuration data (BCD) that is corrupt and it is caused by power outages or incorrect shutdown.
After we know the causes of this kind of error, now we are going to fix this error by several methods below.
If there is damaged or new hardware that causes conflicts in the system, this solution can work to fix 0xc000014c. To do that, you have to remove all attached hardware except for the mouse and keyboard. After that, restart the computer to check if the error is gone or not.
Using bootrex.exe file for Windows Recovery
- To do this, you have to launch your computer from the DVD disk or USB flash drive.
- Then, access Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). Launch Command Prompt and then type Bootrec/RebuildBCD. Now, press Enter to activate the command.
- Reboot the device.
Check and Repair Damaged System Files
System file that is damaged or corrupt is one of the main factors of this error. So, you can try to check and repair files to resolve this error. To do that, you can follow the steps below.
- First, hit Win + X key to open the command prompt.
- Now, type sfc/scannow and then press Enter. After this, the built-in system file will begin to run automatically. At the end, it will report the finding that can be repaired files or no damaged files found. If the tool reports that it has found and fixed several files, restart your computer to check whether the error code 0xc000014c is gone.
Check to Repair bad Sectors in The Hard Disk
As mentioned above that bad sectors can be one of the factors of the error code 0xc000014c happen. So, you can try to repair any bad sectors by following the steps below.
- First, you have to open up the command prompt by pressing Win + X key simultaneously.
- Then, type “chkdisk (space)/”C” (space)/f (space)/r (space)/x”.
- Now, press Enter. The built-in disk check utility will begin to run automatically. The above command instructs the utility to check, find and also repair the bad sectors.
- After that, you can restart the computer to check the error is fixed.
Well, four methods above are enough. Hopefully, the methods above can be helpful for you to get rid of the error 0xc000014c that you are encountering now. Thanks for reading and visiting this site and good luck.