Facing error when you are using your computer is annoying. Sometimes, it can obstruct you from operating some programs on your computer so that you can not do your important task. Have you encountered Windows error code 0x8002801C on your computer? This error is a Windows registry that is related type of error which you can face with any Windows operating installed on your computer. This error has some effects but the major effect is slowing down your computer and making it difficult for the OS to boot.
There are some causes of why this error happen as mentioned below.
- You shut down your computer improperly.
- There is an incomplete installation of any software.
- There are uninstalled updates that cause system conflicts.
- There is installed antivirus software and Firewall.
- The hardware or software conflicts.
- There are corrupt or damaged files because of malware or virus infection.
- There are missing DLL files which have been deleted or reconfigured by error.
You can fix this kind of error by yourself. Here, we provide you some methods that you can try to apply to fix this error.
Checking For Uninstalled Updates or Incomplete Software Installations
You are able to check whether there are uninstalled system updates which cause conflicts in the system of your computer. It is important as well that you check any software that you have recently installed to make sure that the installation is complete. Besides, you have to check to make sure that any software that you lately uninstalled is totally uninstalled from your computer.
Running Anti Virus Program
This solution actually can work if the registry files are not damaged. You can run your installed anti virus to address any virus or malware in the system of your computer. It also may be important to disable the program to see whether disabling it can resolve the error.
Running System File Checker Utility
To do this, you can follow the short steps below.
- First, you have to open the command prompt by pressing Windows Key that is followed by R.
- Then, type sfc/scannow in the prompt and then press Enter afterwards. The computer will begin to run the built-in file checker automatically. You have to know that the utility is designed to check and fix any damaged files that can lead to error code 0x8002801c.
Running System Restore
To do this method, you have to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is that you have to click on Start or Windows button.
- After that, type System Restore in the search box.
- Now, click Create a Restore Point.
- And then, click on System Restore on the resultant system properties pup up.
- And at last, you have to select a recent restore point when your computer had no issues.
Well, that’s all the discussion about error code 0x8002801C. We have discussed about the causes and also the methods to get rid of this error. Any of the above methods should be helpful in resolving Windows error code 0x8002801c.