Runtime error 339 happens if a file is invalid or missing. This error can lead several programs to shut down suddenly and also it can corrupt files on the system. This error can you see when you launch a particular programs. This runtime error tends to happen when you are using Yahoo Messenger and the other instant messenger client tools. The message of error will be like, “Run-time error 339. Component tinumb8.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.”
There are some reasons that cause runtime error 339.
- There is a problem with Windows Registry.
- The program is not installed correctly.
- There is virus or malware infection.
- There are corrupt .OCX files
- DLL files of program is damaged or deleted.
If you encounter with this error, you can fix it by using the methods that we will explain below.
Fixing by the Command Prompt on your Windows Computer
- To fix runtime error using Command Prompt, you have to go to the Start menu first.
- Search or go to the Cmd (Command Prompt) and then open it.
- Then, a pop up will open. Type Regsvr32 jscript.dll there and then hit Enter.
- A succeeded message will come up there. After that, type Regsvr32 vbscript.dll and then hit Enter. A succeeded message will come up again there.
Reregister The .OCX File by Command Prompt (CMD)
- To reregister the ocx. file, as usual, you have to go to Start menu.
- Search CMD or you can open Command Prompt directly.
- Right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
- After that, type in regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx there.
- Then, you will see this message: ‘DllRegisterServer in comdlg32.ocx succeeded.’
- After you have done these steps, close all the tabs.
Fixing by the Registry Editor
- The first thing that you do is to go to the Start menu.
- Search and click RUN there.
- Press Windows Key + R there.
- And then, a pop will open. Type “regedit.exe.” there and press Enter or click OK. Navigate to the location of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\MUI
- Then, right click on MUI key and choose New and then Key.
- Give a name on the new created key as StringCacheSettings there.
- In the right panel of this new created key, make a new DWORD value.
- Give it a name as StringCacheGeneration.
- After that, click twice on this new created DWORD to modify its valued data.
- Type the value data as 38b and make sure that you have chosen Hexadecimal base here.
- Now, click OK to save it.
- At last, you can close the tab.
Fixing by the Registry Cleaner
You can also fix the runtime error 339 automatically using the registry cleaner from any registry cleaner software. It is able to repair and solve the Runtime Error 339 mscomctl ocx Windows 7 problem as well.