In the opportunity we will explain you how to fix Windows update error code 80072ee2. If you have problem thatyou find the error code 80072ee2 on your Windows update, so you do not be worry. We will tell you the solution to solve that problem. There are the methods which can help you to fix the error code 80072ee2 on your Windows update. Getting error code 80072ee2 may occur to other people. You can ask the technician to fix it. But you can try to fix it by yourself because we think the methods to fix Windows update error code 80072ee2 is easy to do.
The Windows update works continuously to check for updates and apply them. It may occur error or wrong. It can cause by because technical problems or software. If you get the error code 80072ee2, you can try this method to fix it. This method can work to Windows 7, 8 and 10. So if you want to fix your Windows 7 update error 80072ee2 you can see the methods in the following text.
The first method to fix the error code 80072ee2 is run Windows Update Troubleshooter. If there is detected a problem so Windows Update troubleshooter will detect that problem and solve it. Thing you have to do is run the troubleshooter. Please follow steps below:
- Please open Control Panel.
- Then view by Small icons and please select “Troubleshooting”.
- After that click “Fix problems with Windows Update under “System and Security”.
- Then please click “Next”.
- If you have click “Next” then the troubleshooter will start detecting the problems.
You can try to do the second method if Windows Update troubleshooter does not fix the error code 80072ee2. The second method is Remove Problem Windows Update Contents and Registry Keys. The error code 80072ee2 can becaused by registry keys and corrupted files. Therefore you can delete the problem files and keys. Please delete registry keys incorrectly. But before you do that, we suggest you to back up the registry keys. After that you can restore the deleted registry keys. Then please follow the steps below:
- At the same time please press Windows logo key and R key (Win+R). A Run dialog box open.
- Then in the run box please type “services.msc” and please click OK. This step to open the Services dialog box.
- Please find “Windows Update” service. After you find it please right click on it. On the context menu please select “Stop”.
- Then open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and please delete all contents there.
- Please restart Windows Update service. You just do Right-click on Windows Update service and click “Start”.
- Please open Run dialog box again and then please type “regedit” in the run box and click OK. This step to open Registry Editor.
- In Registry Editor, please navigate to Windows Update
- In the right-pane, you will see keys “WUServer” and “WUStatusServer”.Then Right-click on each and select “Delete”.
- The last open Services again. Then check if Windows Update service is started or not. If it is stop let’s start it.