Runtime error 217 can happen when windows startup. But, this error message also can pop up suddenly and prevent you from opening certain programs, files even block internet connection.
The error like this can be caused by some reasons:
- There is malware or virus infection.
- There is failure in DLL registration during installation.
- There is boot time collision between two or more programs.
- There is installation or uninstallation program that is incomplete.
- There is missing or corrupt entry in Windows registry.
Then, after we know the causes of the error, how can we fix this kind of error. You do not have to worry. If you face with this Runtime error 217, you can follow the methods below to fix it.
Fixing Runtime Error 217 for Windows Vista or Windows 7
- The first thing that you have to do to fix runtime error 217 that you find in your Windows Vista or Windows 7 is you have to go to Start menu. Then, type in msconfig.exe in the search box. After typing that, hit Enter.
- After you did the first step, then you have to open General tab and click on Selective startup option. Uncheck Load startupitems.
- In this stage, you have to go to Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services check box. Click Disable all button that is present at bottom right. It will only permit Microsoft services to be requested at startup and all other subsidiary services will be disabled.
- At last, click on OK and then restart the system of your computer to see whether you are successful in fixing the error or not.
Fixing Runtime Error 217 for Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10
- First, go to the search box and type in msconfig there and then hit Enter.
- Then, check Hide all Microsoft services check box in the Services tab of System Configuration dialogue box and click on Disable all.
- After that, you have to go to Startup tab and then click on Open Task Manager.
- Here, choose each item that is showed under startup in task manager one by one and then Disable them. If you have done with this step, close the task manager and click OK.
- The last, restart your computer.
Fixing Runtime Error 127 by Disabling Norton Confidential Browser Helper
In case you find the runtime error 127 with Internet Explorer or Norton Antivirus updates, you can try to follow the steps below.
- Click Start menu.
- Then, click Control Panel and click on Network and Internet or Internet options.
- Click on Manage Browser Add-ons and search for Norton Confidential Browser Helper plugin that is being used by Internet explorer.
- At last, choose it and then Disable.
Well, that’s all the methods of fixing runtime error 127. Hopefully, those methods can help you in fixing runtime error 127. For preventing your computer in the future, you can download RegCure Pro that is able to do quick scan to fix the errors.