How to fix the Unfortunately Email Has Stopped error on your Android? If you are experiencing that problem and feel frustrating because that error stops you from having access to your email, do not worry, here in this article we will share you the methods to fix the Unfortunately Email Has Stopped on Android. Actually there are several methods to fix that error. You can see and follow its methods in the text below.
Method 1: Restart your Android Device.
- At first you have to restart Android device.
- Please press the power button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then in shut down menu you will be give some options.
- Please select restart option.
- Once you asked to confirmation if you are really want to restart your device, so click ok.
- The last you can try to access your email and check whether or not the error is fixed.
Method 2: Clear the Device’s RAM.
- At first on your Android device, you have to go to the RAM Manager.
- Then you must located the RAM Manager and then please open it.
- After you open RAM Manager, you will see the different options.
- Please select the one which says “clear memory” from all the different options.
Method 3: Clear the Data and Cache of the Email App.
- At first you have to go to “Settings”.
- Then please open the “Application Manager” of the affected device.
- Please swipe right to the “All” screen.
- Afterwards you have to search for Email and tap on it.
- Next please press “Force stop”. Then you will be asked to confirm if you really want to do this, so you have to confirm it.
- Please scroll down to search for “Clear Cache”. Tap on it.
- Please tap on “Clear Data” from all the different options. Next you will be asked to confirm if you really want to do this, so you have to confirm it.
- When you have done all of this steps, you can exit of the application manager in your settings and try to run the email app.
Method 4: Boot your Android Device on Safe Mode.
- Please press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys for a few seconds.
- When you see the logo of your Android device, please release the Power key immediately but continue pressing the Volume Down key.
- Then your Android device must continue booting up and you will be asked to unlock your device as usual.
- If the text “Safe mode” is displayed at the lower-left corner of the screen, so it show that your device successfully booted in Safe mode.
Method 5: Check the Notification Under Application Manager.
- Please go to Settings.
- Then tap Applications and tap Application Manager.
- Please find the app that you want to enable/disable notification.
- When you find it, please tap on it.
- Afterwards please search for a checkbox that named “Show Notification”.
- Next you have to tap it to put a green check on it and vice versa
- The last, you can go back to the main screen and try sending email to make sure if notification sound is enabled or not.