You may now use Windows 8.1 and you want to upgrade it to Windows 10. But, something annoying happens that is you deal with error 0xc7700112 when you try to upgrade your PC. This error can be caused by several reasons such as malware or virus infection, corrupt system files, software conflict, or outdated hardware drivers.
There are some methods that you can use to fix error code 0xc7700112.
1. Install/ Update Internet Explorer 11. You can download and install IE11 from microsoft.com. You can try to search and install updates.
2. Repair Windows System Files. You have to go to Start and All Programs and select Accessories. Then, right click on Command Prompt and then click Run as Administrator. After that, you can press Yes at ‘User Account Control’ (UAC) warning message. Next, in the window of command prompt, you must type in : sfc /scannow and then hit Enter. Wait until the System File Checker fix the Windows System Files. At last, try to search and install updates.
3. Run the Network Troubleshooter. Right click the network icon in the notification area and choose Troubleshoot problems. Follow the steps in the wizard to diagnose and solve the problems of network. At last, run Windows Update again.
4. Create USB Flash Drive. To do this method, you have to download Windows Media Creation tool. After you download it, now you can run the tool and you will be required to Accept the T&C. In the next screen, you will see 2 options. The first is Upgrade this PC and the second is Create Installation Media for another PC. You have to do is to select the second option. Then, you will be asked to Select Language, Architecture and Edition as well. Next, you will see two options again. The first is USB Flash Drive and the second is ISO file. Choose USB Flash Drive and make sure that you have Pendrive with more than 8 GB of free space. When you click Next, if you have your Pendrive Connected, you can see that. Choose the drive and click Next. Now, the tool will download Windows 10 on your USB. If it is done, you can use the drive to upgrade your Windows 8/8.1 PC.
5. Download ISO File. To do this method, you have to do the steps of the forth method until Selecting Language, Architecture and Edition. After this step, instead of selecting USB Flash Drive, you have to select ISO File. Then, follow onscreen instructions and let the process of download finish. After that, insert a blank DVD with Enough Space. Navigate to the Downloaded File, right click on it and then click On MOUNT. Next, click on File Explorer from taskbar and Open CD Drive. You are going to see Setup File then click twice on it and let the process of upgrading finish.
So, you can try one of the methods above to fix error code 0xc7700112 in your PC. If it still doesn’t work, try the next methods. Hopefully, it can works and thank you for reading this article.