Error code 51330 in Wii happens because there is a wrong configuration in your router. It makes the device to malfunction and it means that you will not be able to connect to the internet. A lot of reasons why this kind of error can happen. But, the main reason of this error is because it’s down to the wireless security passcode for your home network that is being changed or entered falsely. For instance, you have turn from WEP to WPA without configuring the system properly. Besides, there is another cause of this problem that is the firewall settings or MAC filter settings of your router. If it becomes the case, the router itself is to blame as it blocks any kind of internet connection.
So, how to get rid of this error? Well, you do not need to be worried because in this article you will be given some information about how to fix error code 51330. So, you come to the right site. Then, how to fix the error code 51330? Here are the explanation.
- If you have made any changes that are related to encryption or security in the router like WEP to WPA or WPA2 PSK, you have to check and make sure that you reflect similar modifications in Wii console’s online settings.
- Another common reason of this error that is often found is that you are inserting wrong WEP or WPA key. Therefore, you have to make sure that you are inserting the security key correctly.
- You have yo check the router for MAC Filtering. In case it is enabled, put the address of system mac in allowed list or you can simply disable MAC Filtering.
- Open the settings of Wii and try to give IP address and DNS manually. Occasionally, it is not configured properly in automatic mode.
- If the manual configuration that has been explained above does not work, you can open command prompt and then run this command:
And now, you can unplug and then restart the router to check whether the problem is fixed.
- Disable Firewall protection: Occasionally this error comes up when the firewalls temporarily blocks you from accessing internet. So, try to disable Firewall and then access internet.
- Set default IP address: In case your IP address is changed by your internet service provider, this method will work.
- Try to change the broadcast channel of your router to 1 or 11 and change the mode of browser from G to Mixed.
- Update firmware of the wifi router to match latest configuration.
- Power cycle the router and modem: To do this, you can unplug your modem and router. Make it to be disconnected for several minutes and then plug in the modem, permit taking it time to start properly and start the router. At last, try and check whether you can connect to the internet or not.