In order to protect your PC from any damage, there are a lot of antivirus software that can be installed easily. AVG is one of the software that is used by a lot of people. Perhaps you have experienced that when you are trying to install AVG or even to uninstall it, then the error code 0xC0070643 comes up. And as a result, the installation process fails.
This error can be caused by some reasons such as malware or virus infection which has corrupted Windows system files or AVG Internet Security-related program files, Corruption in Windows registry from a recent AVG Internet Security-related software change, Corrupt download or incomplete installation of AVG Internet Security software and another program mistakenly removed AVG Internet Security-related files.
The symptoms of this error are:
1. Your computer periodically freezes for several seconds at a time.
2. Error 0xC0070643 comes up and crashes the active program window.
3. AVG Internet Security Error 0XC0070643 is showed.
4. Your PC often crashes with Error 0xC0070643 when running the similar program.
5. Windows performs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
Well, to fix this error you can follow the steps below.
1. The first thing that you have to do is to download AVG Remover tool from the official website. You have to download their removal tool because it can help you to delete everything related to the program from your PC because after you uninstall any program from Control Panel, there will be some traces in your PC.
2. After you download AVG Remover tool, run the Setup and then follow up with the Screens that is shown to you.
3. After it is done, you can reboot your PC. Now, install or uninstall AVG Antivirus.
If you have tried the method above but the error still comes up, you can try to check manually whether there are still any traces left on your PC. But, you have to note that doing this method will ask you to peep into Registry Entries and this is dangerous because it can mess up your PC if things go wrong from your side. But, if you are ready with the risk, you can follow the steps below.
1. You have to open Run Command by Holding Windows Key + R.
2. Then, type in “Regedit” and press Enter.
3. You will be required for the permission to make changes, so you have to click Yes.
4. At this moment, Registry Editor will open up.
5. Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/AV
6. At last, reboot your PC and then try to install AVG. Now, you have removed the error code 0xC0070643 successfully.
That’s all the methods that you can use to get rid of the error code 0xC0070643 that always comes up when you are trying to install or uninstall AVG. If all goes well, this article can really help you to fix the problem. Thank you for reading this article and have a nice day.