Error code 0x80070057 is usual in Windows Vista 7, 8 and 10. The users usually get this error when they are trying to install the Windows to their computer for the first time. You are surely annoyed with this kind of error. Then, you want to fix it and you also want to know about the causes of this error. Fortunately, you come to the right place because here we will find out the causes and also the solutions to fix Error code 0x80070057.
This error can be caused by some reasons:
- Misconfiguration decimal symbol settings
- While attempting to backup files
- The parameter is wrong
- Misconfigured Registry Keys
- Windows Update PC error problem
- Broken system reserved partition
Then, how to fix such error? There are some easy methods to follow.
Changing Decimal Symbol Settings
- The first thing that you have to do is clicking on Start menu.
- Then, go to Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, choose Clock, Language, and Region.
- Go to the Region and Language.
- Then, it will be opened and you have to click Formats.
- After that, click on Additional Settings.
- If the pop-up has been opened, click on Decimal Symbol.
- In this stage, type (.) and then click OK to save it.
Using Windows Files Update
- As usual, to do the first step, you have to go to Start menu.
- Look for Notepad and open it.
- In the blank notepad, you have to copy and paste the lines below:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- After copying and pasting the lines above, click on File option and choose Save as. Then, A pop-up will open to save the file.
- Write the file name as ‘wufix.reg’ and set the file type to All Files.
- Now, you have to Save it.
- At last, Run the file and agree to prompt.
Or you can follow the other steps to run this method.
- Download the Windows Update reset script.
- Operate it as administrator.
- Then, right click on it and select to save it.
- You have to save it to desktop.
- After that, right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.
Adding a Registry Key Value Manually
- To do this method, you have to go to Start menu.
- Then, type regedit.exe in the search box and then find it.
- In this stage, you have to click on Registry subkey- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>POLICIES>MICROSOFT>SYSTEM
- In the Edit menu, point to new and click DWORD value.
- And then, type CopyFileBufferedSynchronouslo and hit Enter.
- Right click on CopyFileBufferedSynchronouslo and click on modify.
- In the value data box, type 1 and click OK.
- At last, exit the Registry Editor.
Well, that’s all the three methods to get rid of Error code 0x80070057 that you are facing when you are installing your Windows. Thank you for reading this article and good luck.