The Error 0x80042109 is a Microsoft Outlook error. At the most of case, the Error 0x80042109 in Outlook occurs while sending Mails. The error message is displayed in the following format: “Sending reported error (0x80042109): Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server”. There are the causes of Error 0x80042109 in Outlook. The error can be caused by Virus or malware infection, Unstable or unreliable Internet connection, Junk files with active threats, Invalid Outlook settings, Installed third-party program and Firewall, Incomplete installation of Outlook, Mail server unavailability and Pending Outlook updates.
In the text below there are the methods to fix the Error 0x80042109 in Outlook. Please follow its methods if you get the problem about that.
Method 1: Remove Junk Files.
- Please press the combination of “Window key + X” to open menu.
- Then you have to select “Command Prompt (Admin)” option.
- After that please click “Yes” to run the command prompt as an administrator.
- Next please type “cleanmgr” and press Enter.
- Afterwards automatically the tool will begin to run. It will calculates how much used space that you can claim on the hard disk.
- Please check all the dialogue boxes occupied by unnecessary files. It is include the temporary files box.
- The last to remove all junk files, you just need to click OK.
Method 2: Run System File Checker.
- Please click the “Start” button.
- Then please type “command” in the search box.
- Afterwards please Press the combination of CTRL + Shift on your keyboard. Press Enter.
- After that you will be asked a permission dialog box, please click Ok.
- Next a black box will open, then please type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
- The System File Checker will begin scanning.
- The last please follow the commands on-screen.
Method 3: Install Pending Updates.
- Please go to “Start Menu”.
- After that please type “update” in search box. Press enter.
- Then you will see “Windows Update” dialogue box with the uninstalled updates.
- Afterwards please right-click on each update to install them.
- The last you can restart your computer and check whether the error 0x80042109 was fixed or not.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook Program.
- Please go to “Start Menu”.
- Afterwards please click “Programs and Features”.
- Then from the list of programs, please find “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Next please double-click or right-click on the program and select “Uninstall/Change”.
- After that please follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall Outlook completely.
- Then you can restart your computer.
- The last please reinstall Outlook correctly.
Method 5: System Restore.
- Please press the combination of “Win + Q key”.
- Then please click on “Settings”.
- Afterwards you have to select “Recovery” icon.
- Next from the resultant open window, please select “System Restore”
- Please select the preceding date when your computer worked without any problems.
- Now the tool will begin to run.
- The last you can restart it again.