There are more ways to allow files and folders in the Windows system to allow Windows users to use the File Explorer. To enable this feature, the system must be connected as part of a domain and has a specific network connection. This function is called a workgroup. It is widely used on Windows 8 and the new version, including the 10, but recently we have the troublesome problems that prevent people from accessing the network PC. Each time they attempt to do so, the following error message is issued:
Error code: 0x800704cf. The network location cannot be reached.
As a result, people are unable to share files explorer with the file. Just like many other Windows errors, error code 0x800704cf the exact cause is not known. We can only speculate that it may have been triggered by an incorrect system configuration, connection problems, or errors in the registry.
The information in this article prepared some solutions to fix 0x800704cf error. For most users, the following methods work, and we hope you’re no exception. However, before you start doing anything, we would strongly recommend to ensure a complete system check with a professional PC optimizer tool does not run with registry problems, malware or similar problems. For this purpose, we recommend the use of Reimage. Next, try the following fixes:
The first method stacks Reset TCP / IP
- Go to Start, type cmd, and then press Enter.
- Open command prompt when you access, you type ipconfig / flushdns and press Enter. In this case, you will delete the DNS cache, which may be part of the cause of error 0x800704cf.
- Then type nbtstat -RR and press Enter to update the NetBIOS name.
Set the IP settings now by typing netsh int-ip reset command and pressing the Enter key.
- Finally, reset the Winsock catalog. To do this, type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Start your PC and try to access Windows network. Hopefully you can do this without bumping into a bug to 0x800704cf.
The second method Disable the Network Client for Windows Network option
- Right-click the network icon in the taskbar.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center and Change Adapter Settings on the left.
- Now you should see a window with all network connections. Right-click on the Wi-Fi connection and select Properties.
- Clear the Client for Microsot Network option, and then click OK. Once completed, you should not see any bugs 0x800704cf on the screen.
The third method remove network adapter
- Go to Start, and type Device Manager in the search bar, and then click to open the first search result.
- Then choose View and Show hidden devices.
- Click on the network adapter then expand and expand all the adapters that are available on your PC.
- Now you must log in and select Uninstall.
- Finally, select Action and the search for hardware changes.
- After the command runs, start your PC. If it does not fix the problem, you can find a different way on the internet, such as forums, blogs, youtube and more.
Thanks for reading this article, hopefully useful, I hope today is happy if this article helpful, you can share it to social media, Facebook, Google Plus and others. See you in the next article.